What Are Things You Need To Know About Blocked Drains
Blocked drains Maidstone has various reasons. Blocked drains cause a lot of damage to the flooring, and sometimes it takes a lot of money to repair drain lining. It’s better to take precautions before it’s too late. Here are a few reasons for blocked drains.
- Fats, oils, and grease: Fats and oils can block drains because they can solidify when they cool down. This can cause a buildup of material that can clog the drain.
- Hair: Hair can block drains because it can build up over time and create a clog.
- Soap scum
- Tree roots
- Toilet paper and flushable wipes
Tips To Clear Drains
Here are a few best tips to clear blocked drains Maidstone without professional help.
- Use a Plunger: Plungers are an excellent tool for clearing blockages in drains. Fill the sink or tub with enough water to cover the plunger cup, and then plunge vigorously for a few minutes.
- Boiling Water: Boiling water can help break up and dissolve grease and other debris causing the blockage.
- Use a Drain Snake: A drain snake is a long, flexible metal rod that can be used to push through and break up clogs in drains.
- Use a Chemical Cleaner: Chemical cleaners are a great way to break up stubborn clogs. However, they should be used with caution as they can be corrosive.
Note: Always remember to use safety precautions like masks and gloves while cleaning drain lining without professional help.
Here are a few signs of blocked drains Maidstone.
- Unpleasant odours from the drains: Waste accumulates in a single place due to the blockage. As the gutters are not cleaned, unpleasant odours often come from the drains. This is the first sign of blocked drains.
- Slow draining of water from sinks, toilets, and showers: Slow draining of water from sinks can indicate blocked drains because the water is not able to flow freely through the pipes. This is usually caused by a buildup of debris, such as hair, food, grease, and soap scum, which can cause the lines to become clogged. If the water is draining slowly through the drain lining, it is likely that the drain is blocked and needs to be cleared.
- Gurgling noises coming from the drains: Gurgling noises coming from drains are a sign that the drains are blocked. This is because the gurgling noise is caused by air bubbles being forced through the blockage. The blockage prevents water from flowing freely, so air is forced through the blockage, creating a gurgling sound.
- Water backing up in the sinks, toilets, and showers: Water backing up in the sinks is a sign that the drains are blocked. This is because the water is unable to flow through the pipes and is instead being forced back up through the sink. This is often accompanied by a foul smell, as the blockage is preventing the water from flowing freely and causing it to stagnate.
These are things one needs to know about drain lining.